Thursday, June 14, 2012

I Swear I'm Still Here!!!

It is amazing how quickly time can get away from you, no?! I just looked and realized it had been OVER a month since my last post! I wanted badly to be able to post something new every week or at LEAST every other week... but raising a beautiful 19 month old, a 2 year old Schnoodle, a 35 year old husband (ha, ha), and taking care of our house, it just didn't happen that way.

Lately, I had been on a Craftster high, and completing as many swaps as I could. I am a firm believer in "the swap" and until recently never had a negative thought about it, until... yes, you guessed it a partner went missing after I sent my item... so it took me a week or two to really pick myself up from that one... But now I am back and fiercer than ever!

I've decided it's time to start paying for these wonderful hobbies of mine... and I decided to try something other than Etsy... I got into the addictive bidding world of TopHatter! Yesterday I sold my first piece!!! The rush of the bidding was just too exciting!
This was the necklace that I sold, "Rose Quartz Beaded Dream Necklace."

I made this necklace probably close to 4 years ago now! I've worn it many times to all sorts of things...


It was sad to see her go this morning at the post office ... but the feeling of fulfillment that I got was so much greater! So much so that today I stepped into a bead store for the first time in probably 6 months and purchased some materials to make something similar... It felt great!


I always wondered that because my sales on Etsy were so low that I wasn't a real artist, but yesterday what everyone else tells me felt real ... I am an AMAZING jewelry designer!

Thanks for hanging in while I went on hiatus... I won't let that much time separate us again!

No comments:

Post a Comment