Tuesday, June 19, 2012

What do you mean no one wants Donuts?!

With the recent sale of one of my necklaces, it reignited my desire to make beaded jewelry... It's something I tend to be good at! Ha, ha.... I sold the one garden necklace and since have felt a little sad without it! Which is actually good, I think...

It has forced to to think that maybe I needed to put the cover on the sewing machine for a week or two and get back to my original craft of beading.

So last week I headed out to a local bead store and decided I would pick up a few more semi precious stone donuts. I looked around the little shop and found a few extra supplies I probably didn't really need, and then I went looking for my focal point, those stone donuts... I couldn't find them! I asked the store associate where they might be hiding. She informed me they just aren't that popular anymore?! Really?! I just sold a necklace where the focal point was a beaded quartz donut...

I left the store with my few extra supplies and came home and raided my bead box ... which happens to be the largest tackle box I have ever found and I have to keep it on the tile, otherwise it makes marks on the carpet from the weight of it...

So all weekend I sat down with every donut I had in my collection and beaded them all....

It really doesn't take too long to complete each one, but with them all finished now I can start the fun part, making the actual necklaces and bracelets!

I think that starting each one is my favorite part! As you can see above you start with this beautiful "flowery" part and then they turn into the wonderful bases for necklaces and bracelets....

I didn't get much further than these this weekend though ... poor Abigail came down with a bad cold and with her lack of sleeping and constantly running nose I didn't get much sleep or much else done...

Today, she is starting to finally feel better, still the running nose and a small fever at times, and well still the lack of sleep.... so I guess not much has changed! Ha, ha.... but I just put her down for a nap and am hoping to get working on that first art quilt today....

Just a "taste" of whats to come....

In all, I've learned I should probably just continue to order my donuts online... and now I am off to order a few more!

2 comments:

  1. Those donuts are gorgeous with the beads on them! You will probably bring them back into vogue! Your art quilt is off to a great start, I look forward to seeing it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like donuts!! Especially yours, they are so beautiful! How good that you went back to your beading, but don't forget the sewing! (Glad I know your machine cover is nice to look at ;-) )

    Your sewing is awesome too... that first MAQ... can't wait to see more! Hug your little girl for me, poor thing.

    ReplyDelete